A tracer wire system is only as good as its weakest connection. Solid connections ensure continuity of the signal throughout the tracer wire system, so its vital to use connectors that are water and corrosion-proof to protect vulnerable wire splices and keep the locate signal flowing across connections.
Using cheap alternatives like electrical tape will result in corrosion. A corroded connection point and cause the locate signal to stop at the connection point, making the rest of the buried utility unlocatable, which could spell disaster for the excavator.
As the largest tracer wire supplier in the industry, Trident Solutions offers a vast line of wire and cable options that can be used in varying applications. The following connector options are ideal solutions for splicing together underground tracer wire systems.
The TracerLock connector is a direct bury, self-stripping, waterproof, and corrosion-proof locking connector system used for making critical connections to your tracer wire systems.
- Hybrid style connector that has a lug + split bolt + compression to ensure secure installation.
- Short installation time
- Higher pull force due to the torque breakaway nut
- There is no danger in under-tightening the tracer wire that may cause a failure in the connection.
- No strip needed.
- Mainline wire use as well as lateral
- No stripping required for either (many of the connectors require stripping)
- Fewer tools required for installation.
- Not gauge specific, so you have the capability to mix and match gauge sizes if desired (8-16 AWG).
- 1,000 volt
smax which is the highest rating in the industry.
- Waterproof / corrosion proof
- Non-hardening dielectric silicone protects the integrity of the connection.
Pro-Trace TW Connector
The Pro-Trace TW connector is used for underground splices or connections for tracer wire and other applications exceeding 300 volts. The silicon-filled connector is used to splice or branch off multiple tracer wires to maintain continuity and provides corrosion protection from underground elements.
- Waterproof/ dielectric silicone that protects the wire in the connector
- 3 connection points for mainline and service lateral.
- Carries up to 300 volts max, which is higher than most connectors in the industry.
- Not gauge specific, so you can vary in size if needed.
- Superior to a twist-style connector, which provides better strain relief.
- Has built-in stripping measurements for proper stripping directions for the best results.
- Hand pressure to lock the connector, no other tools are needed.
- Quality low cost and simple connector for all styles of tracer wire.
It is essential to choose the right tracer wire connector to ensure a reliable and high-quality connection. Have any questions? We are here to help! For more advanced info check out our library of technical documentation.